Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. A minimum of two years general office or administrative experience preferred. Hospital or physician office experience preferred.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
4. Ability to operate standard office equipment and resolve standard problems.
5. Excellent communication skills � written and verbal.
6. Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills.
7. Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and discretion.
8. Ability to provide high level of quality customer service to patient/families, employees, leaders, and external vendors.
Administrative Professionals Core Competencies
Accountability � Acknowledges and assumes responsibility for one�s actions within their role
� Exhibits willingness to report, explain, and be answerable
� Demonstrates a high level of care, accuracy and thoroughness
� Effectively and efficiently manages time, efforts, and workload
� Takes ownership of one�s work
Communication � Demonstrates good written, oral and listening skills
� Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback
� Keeps others informed as appropriate
� Readily shares information, knowledge and personal strengths with others
Continuous Learning � Applies performance measures to everyday work, not just for the annual review
� Pursues training and development opportunities consistent with career objectives
� Participates in activities that improve own skills and capabilities
� Applies positive and negative lessons to improve personal effectiveness
� Masters new ideas with minimal oversight
� Incorporates new information and concepts quickly and automatically
Professionalism � Creates and fosters collegial relationships to facilitate projects and/or common goals
� Presents self to colleagues and patients/internal customers in a manner appropriate for the workplace
� Remains positive, flexible and productive through changes, transitions, and difficult situations
� Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; modifies behavior or work to respond to new information, conditions or unexpected obstacles
� Dresses speaks and interacts to represent one�s self, department, and the hospital in a positive light
Service � Determines the wants and needs of patient/internal customers and acts accordingly
� Responds in a manner that provides satisfaction for the patient/internal customer with the resources available
� Provides excellent customer service
� Accuracy and Attention to Detail
� Effective Communication
� Managing Multiple Priorities
� Office Administration
� Problem Solving
� Process Improvement