The Clinical Coordinator is a Registered Nurse with recognized leadership abilities and sound clinical skills who will actively assist the Pre/Post & PACU manager in coordinating the day-to-day activities of Procedural Services. The Clinical Coordinator takes a leading role in activities such as nursing performance improvement, staffing, scheduling and working with the managers and preceptors in the orientation, and training of new employees.
The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the development and coordination of activities that promote clinically effective and efficient patient care. Plans, organizes and directs patient care activities under the direction of the managers. Collaborates with the managers in maintaining unit operations, supervises assigned personnel and consults and collaborates with other multi-disciplinary team members to provide safe appropriate patient care. Consistently strives to understand, anticipate, and meet the needs, expectations and satisfaction levels of patients and other “customers” and seeks feedback from others to help improve performance.
The Clinical Coordinator serves as a clinical leader in the Nursing Department to ensure that each patient receives quality, individualized care that is proactive and coordinated among the care delivery team and that the patient is attaining their clinical milestones and patient flow.
Essential Job Functions:
2. Area Specific Responsibilities:
Facilitates the team concept by:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure as a registered professional nurse in the State of Illinois is required.
2. BSN required and CPN or ASPAN Certified preferred.
3. A minimum of three years of Procedural Service experience preferred.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent organizational skills.
5. Computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs beneficial.
6. Ability to lift/move patients and equipment sometimes in excess of 20 pounds. Ability to hold children.
7. Ability to think proactively, creatively and take initiative appropriately. Demonstrates excellent communication, critical-thinking, and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates ability to work as part of multiple teams. Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
8. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
9. Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities.
10. Ability to meet agreed upon deadlines.