Collaborates with Director/Administrator within designated area of responsibility to manage patient care operations and ensure the delivery of excellent patient care. Works with leadership team to create a work environment that engages staff in the attainment of department and organizational goals and vision. Understands and integrates into the delivery of patient care the needs of the neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and adult patient in regards to their growth and development process. Actively supports continuous improvement in safety, quality, and customer service, through behavior modeling and by provision of work environment conducive to attaining these goals.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Works with the department leadership team, manages daily operations to ensure the highest quality care, patient satisfaction, regulatory compliance and patient safety:
a. Performs routine patient rounding to identify trends in service delivery and opportunities to facilitate service recovery.
b. Develops, implements, and monitors the effectiveness of operational processes and procedures.
c. Leads process improvement initiatives to ensure high quality outcomes.
d. Ensures effective scheduling and staffing of staff.
e. Oversees payroll/time reporting process ensuring proper pay for staff, compliance with policies, and approval of overtime and incentive programs
f. Serves as a clinical and operational resource and role model to staff.
2. Creates a work environment that attracts, retains and engages the highest quality staff. Addresses proactively, the issues affecting work environment. Assists in the recruitment and
selection of high quality staff.
3. Develops staff through coaching and mentoring. Collaborates with staff development specialist and/or Clinical Educator to coordinate facilitate in-services, conferences, and other professional development
opportunities for staff, and ensure orientation of new staff
4. Ensures high standards of performance by proactively addressing performance issues, including coaching and disciplinary conversations and by feedback provided through the performance appraisal process
5. Assist director in monitoring productivity, budgeting, patient charges and variance reporting. Collaborates with Director to prepare budget, monitor monthly variances, and takes action to correct and/or make
recommendations for budget adjustments based on analyzed data and change in practice or trends
6. Serves as leader and guide to manage complex projects within department and organization.
7. Facilitates timely communication within department, between departments, and up/down the Lurie Children’s leadership structure and with staff. Remains aware of changes occurring within the
organization and acts as a communication link between staff and Lurie Children’s Senior Leadership
8. Pursues professional development opportunities and networks to enhance own professional
knowledge and development.
9. Demonstrates knowledge of pertinent aspects and competency with protocols related to the use of chemical disinfection, high level disinfection, and sterilization if required as part of the
responsibilities of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: