Administrative Job Functions:
- Provide general administrative support to leaders.
- Schedule and maintain calendars, meetings and travel itineraries. This may include inpatient or service call, outpatient clinics, and academic schedules.
- Screen telephone calls and visitors; troubleshoots and resolves routine and some complex inquires.
- Organize electronic and hard copy filing system, scan documents to appropriate locations, and maintains divisional files.
- Receives clinically related messages, phone calls, or correspondence and routes to the appropriate care team.
- Maintaining provider credentialing activities which may include academic resume, professional memberships, and licensure.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails using MS Office Suite of applications.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming electronic and paper correspondence.
- Prepare and distributes minutes of meetings.
- Maintain, order and distribute office supplies.
- Proactively manages submission of reimbursements for approved faculty and staff expenses.
- Performs other job functions as assigned.
Clinical Job Functions:
- Schedules appointments and procedures for clinical staff. This may include outpatient office appointments, outpatient and inpatient surgical procedures, and ancillary testing.
- Procurement or dissemination of medical records, prior authorizations, and/or primary care referral information as needed to assure a successful clinical encounter.
- Coordinates complex patient visits involving multiple departments and providers, including appointments at affiliate organizations and outreach sites.
- Partners with central scheduling and registration teams to manage, via work queues or other methods, lists of patients in need of services.
- Functions as liaison between patients, families and the clinical team. Assists families in navigating the Lurie system. This could include working in clinic, meeting with families to go over appointment scheduling visits and coordinating with ancillary departments.
- Collaborates with central registration to ensure patients have updated insurance information, prior authorization is initiated in advance of the rendered service, and referrals are obtained if appropriate.
· Acknowledges and assumes responsibility for one’s actions within their role
· Exhibits willingness to report, explain, and be answerable
· Demonstrates a high level of care, accuracy and thoroughness
· Effectively and efficiently manages time, efforts, and workload
· Takes ownership of one’s work
· Demonstrates good written, oral and listening skills
· Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message, and invites response and feedback
· Keeps others informed as appropriate
· Readily shares information, knowledge and personal strengths with others
· Applies performance measures to everyday work, not just for the annual review
· Pursues training and development opportunities consistent with career objectives
· Participates in activities that improve own skills and capabilities
· Applies positive and negative lessons to improve personal effectiveness
· Masters new ideas with minimal oversight
· Incorporates new information and concepts quickly and automatically
· Creates and fosters collegial relationships to facilitate projects and/or common goals
· Presents self to colleagues and patients/internal customers in a manner appropriate for the workplace
· Remains positive, flexible and productive through changes, transitions, and difficult situations
· Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; modifies behavior or work to respond to new information, conditions or unexpected obstacles
· Dresses speaks and interacts to represent one’s self, department, and the hospital in a positive light
· Determines the wants and needs of patient/internal customers and acts accordingly
· Responds in a manner that provides satisfaction for the patient/internal customer with the resources available
· Provides excellent customer service