General Summary of Position Responsibility:
This position will serve the Medical Center n areas of inventory management, operational conversions, quality and availability supply management, product analysis, usage, recommendations, and involved as an integral participant with the clinical staff and services that support the Medical Center staff and its patients in a timely and ethical fashion.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and maintains an inventory control system for all general supply items and a selection of specialty carts; establishes par levels and lead times; makes adjustments as necessary.
- Coordinates supply ordering for the department through the use of on-line ordering and/or purchasing order requisitions. When applicable, works with the assigned purchasing agent to mitigate against back orders, missing supplies and arranges for approved substitutions.
- Acts as Recall Captain for the supply area of responsibility and reviews any supply related Safety Event Record (SER).
- Distributes supplies to their appropriate location within the clinical environment and/or manages the point of use systems (POU) and data integrity within the ERP (Enterprise Resource Systems) and POU systems.
- Rotates stock inspecting for damage and expiration and arranges through purchasing for return and replacement.
- Works closely with the assigned clinical staff and/or surgical specialist, to set par levels in supply rooms and communicates any auto-replenishment inventory system changes.
- Assists in the operational conversion process to bring new products into inventory with minimal impact on the financial and operational side.
- Promotes quality service through problem solving skills that foster positive communication and interpersonal relationships with medical center staff.
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED required. Equivalent experience or skills normally acquired through five (5) years of job related materials management experience preferably in a surgical health care setting.
- Ability to work independently and professionally within the organization has work planning skills to manage independent projects.
- Analytical skills necessary to develop and execute a variety of operational
- Ability to communicate both oral and written complex technical issues in a clear concise manner to individuals in writing and to communicate ideas, conclusions, etc. orally to all levels of the Medical Center.
- Problem solving skills necessary to manage day to day challenges and develop/execute long term improvement.
- Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office applications including MS Word and/or MS Excel,; other application knowledge for ERP applications such as Lawson, Peoplesoft, ESI, SAP are available within the Medical Center.
- Frequent interactions with outside representatives in response to inquires, for product demonstration and/or inservicing, problem resolution and troubleshooting.
- Attention to detail with the ability to follow instructions and record information accurately. Ability to adjust priorities quickly while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team member and foster team work. Must be able to work effectively with all levels of staff and physicans.