Clinical Practice/Level I Clinician Responsibilities:
- Evaluates each assigned patient in terms of current or potential problems which pertain to the employee’s discipline, meeting or exceeding established clinical pathways and protocols for best practice. Seeks guidance in this area as appropriate.
- Establishes age specific plan of care and functional goals based on evaluation results, and regularly incorporates other disciplines, patient/family, into treatment planning, documenting the patient/family/caregiver’s understanding of goals, explaining rationale and methods necessary to carry out treatments. Seeks guidance in this area as appropriate.
- Consistently re-evaluates effectiveness of ongoing treatment plan, instituting appropriate changes in care plan. Seeks guidance in this area as appropriate.
- Assesses educational needs of the patient, family, caregiver and provides education to meet those needs.
- Participates in clinics, rounds, meetings, in-services, departmental process improvement projects and conferences, as assigned.
- Collaborates and communicates appropriately with families, physicians, other rehabilitation staff, nurse case managers, and others within and outside the Children’s Hospital of Chicago Medical Center system.
7. Meets required departmental productivity standards.
8. Complies with all department and institution policies and procedures.
- Participates in supervision/instruction of students as assigned.
- Participates in orientation of new staff and support staff as assigned.
- Supports organizational change initiatives; adapting to a rapidly changing health care environment.
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, families, co-workers and others.
- service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients,