General Summary of Position Responsibility:
Provides technical and clinical support to the anesthesia team. Actively supports the Hospital and department's quality goals and service excellence principles.
Essential Job Functions:
Area Specific Job Accountabilities:
1. Consults Operating Room (OR) schedule to determine supply and equipment needs.
2. Prepares and provides support for all anesthesia related equipment and supplies in all anesthetic areas to include: Main OR, Cardiac Cath Lab, Interventional Radiology, MRI, CT and Nuclear Medicine.
3. Provides maintenance and support to anesthesia machines to include, but not limited to: Drager Apollo and Drager Fabius, anesthesia monitors, drug infusion pumps and infusions, -blood infusion equipment, fluid warming equipment, intubation equipment including fiberoptic bronchoscopes, gas cylinders, lab testing equipment, ultrasound equipment, and IV/central line/arterial line set-up.
4. Assists anesthesia attending with preparing patients for procedures.
5. Assists with movement of equipment and supplies to ensure room turn over and readiness.
6. Maintains immediate availability to assist in routine and emergency procedures as needed.
7. Troubleshoots equipment and works with Biomedical Engineering and Leadership to resolve issues.
8. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
9. Demonstrates knowledge of pertinent aspects and competency with protocols related to the use of chemical disinfection, high level disinfection, and sterilization if required as part of the responsibilities of the role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree in sciences preferred.
2. Previous operating room experience or related healthcare experience required. Direct patient care experience preferred.
3. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required. ASATT (American Society of Anesthesia Technologists and Technicians) certification preferred.
4. Prior anesthesia technician work experience preferred.
5. Knowledge of sterile technique and principles of aseptic practice preferred.
6. Ability to read and write in English to clearly communicate and perform essential job duties required.
7. Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure in a stressful environment.
8. Ability to set priorities and respond appropriately in emergency situations. 9. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other members of the health care team.