1. Provides interventions to patient as indicated in the supervising PT�s plan of care, including therapeutic exercise, functional training, manual therapy, application and adjustment of devices and equipment, breathing strategies, integumentary protection and electrotherapeutic modalities.
2. Implement safe, competent patient progression within plan of care as prescribed at the evaluation or reassessment.
3. Determine if patient is progressing toward goals and modify interventions to improve patient response as needed and as agreed upon in the plan of care.
4. Accurately documents patient care and perform data collection in an accurate, timely manner. Communicate with the PT when further documentation is required.
5. Ability to perform a thorough medical chart review and patient interview, accurately identifying any changes in status of a patient.
6. Ability to effectively educate a patient and family and determine patient response/understanding of instruction.
7. Communicate with the PT when a patient�s response to intervention changes, a patient�s medical status changes or other variable appear to be affecting progression with intervention.
8. Participates in clinics, rounds, meetings, in-services, annual competencies, MYR, departmental process improvement projects and conferences, as assigned.
9. Collaborates and communicates appropriately with families, physicians, other rehabilitation staff, nurse case managers, and others within and outside the Lurie Children�s system.
10. Upgrades own knowledge in pediatric care. Actively participates in in-services, including planning educational activities for the team as assigned.
11. Meets required departmental productivity standards.
12. Participates in orientation of new staff and support staff as assigned.
13. Supports organizational change initiatives; adapting to a rapidly changing health care environment.
14. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
15. Other job functions as assigned.