Provides administrative clerical support to the Centralized Access Center. Collaborates with the division offices, engineering, OCE, purchasing and patient financial services.
1. Answers and directs all incoming phone calls to the department and appropriate staff. Responds to hospital and department related questions as appropriate. Facilitates consumer communication by retrieving and distributing messages in the appropriate database.
2. Transcribe new referrals in Epic from phone or fax.
3. Send referrals for clinical triage.
4. Schedule new and/or follow-up appointments as required.
5. Assist with specialty care access management.
6. Assist in facilitating non electronic communication for families and patients.
7. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
8. Provides assistance for other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. A minimum of two years of general office or secretarial experience required. Typing skills preferred.
3. Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.
4. Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
5. Ability to operate standard office equipment. Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
6. Must have excellent organizational and prioritization skills to effectively manage priorities of multiple team members.
7. Ability to provide high level of quality customer service to team members, employees, management staff, in addition to external customers.
8. Position requires a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to perform under pressure of deadlines.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed