The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of administrative duties and managing complex projects and expenses that support clinical and operational initiatives within Departments/Divisions.
1. Provides advanced administrative assistance to clinical and/or operational initiatives.
2. Manages calendars and coordinates meetings for leadership/faculty.
3. Develops itineraries for faculty recruitment visits; coordinates travel; arranges internal and external meetings to include venue selection, catering requirements, and all relative logistics.
4. Develops meeting materials, agendas, and meeting notes upon request.
5. Produces correspondence, reports, and presentations using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
6. Reconciles purchasing card, submits expense reports, purchase orders, and check requests.
7. Practices project management; work task breakdowns, prioritization, scheduling, budgeting and delegating.
8. Streamlines office workflows for maximum efficiency of work group or team.
9. Assists with budget data maintenance and information distribution among administrators/directors.
10. Orients and coaches other Administrative Professionals (AP) across the organization and/or lead committees specific to AP work.
11. Manages department lists and directories; creates and maintains departmental organization charts.
12. Leads medium to large scale projects and performs other duties inherent to a successful project.
13. Other job functions as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree preferred; minimum of 3+ years’ in a comparable role. Hospital or physician office experience preferred.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, self-motivated and professional.
3. Solid time management / problem solving skills with the ability to prioritize work to meet stringent deadlines.
4. Ability to work independently and complete tasks with accuracy and minimal direction.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; advanced proficiency in Outlook required.
6. Ability to develop and sustain a professional relationship with staff and all levels of leadership.
7. Must display a high level of integrity and appropriately manage confidential information, meeting all compliance standards.