Performs the daily equipment services work activities which include cleaning, inventory management, and distribution of medical equipment, beds, toys, supplies, etc to various inpatient care and emergency department areas. Because of the high visibility, customer service and sanitzation is critical to meet the customers' requirements and maintain proper infectious control standards within the hosptial. It is imperative that the employee is personally accountable and can work in self-managed teams by adhering to the hospital and departmental policies. Finally, this position is expected to be capable of utilizing the various technology applications/software, provide first-step resolution to open issues, elevate opportunities for improvement to a supervisor, work within a team environment, and have excellent communication skills.
1. Cleans and sanitizes equipment, refrigerators, freezers, cupboards, microwaves, etc. in accordance with Hospital's Infections Prevention and Control standards/protocols
2. Distributes and manages the equipment and bed for all inpatient areas and partners with the emergency department and surgical areas for optimal patient care Maintains a daily and monthly equipment log for infection control and activity.
3. Orders bed/equipment rentals per specific patient requirements when requested by clinical staff.
4. Stocks treatment rooms, mini-stations, and isolation carts and ensures supplies have not expired.
5. Collects recyclable/disposable supplies and distributes to the appropriate department.
6. Distributes pharmaceuticals specimens, and records as necessary.
7. Responds to customer service requests in a timely and expedited fashion.
8. Communicates with supervisor regularly regarding problems and all major activities.
9. Maintains order and cleanliness in the areas worked and the areas serviced by ensuring proper allocation of space, arrangement of items, and timely removal of unnecessary items.
10. Observes and enforces departmental and general hospital policies and procedures, particularly relating to the practice of safety and security measures.
11. Knowledge of proper lifting techniques and safe use of materials handling equipment, both manual and powered is required.
12. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
1. High School Degree or equivalent required.
2. Good oral and written communication skills.
3. Ability to work independently.
4. Ability to organize and prioritize daily tasks.
5. Excellent customer service skills.
6. Ability to handle multiple requests and work in a stressful environment.
7. Ability to work as part of a team. 8. Ability to perform data entry and comfortable utilizing technology