Essential Job Functions:
1. Reviews, optimizes, and submits all billing documentation for procedures, inpatient, outpatient, emergency room, and office visit services rendered.
2. Serves as the resource and liaison to the physicians.
3. Interprets complex services rendered by subspecialty physicians and the interpretation into optimal billing language, codes, and prices.
4. Abstracts all inpatient records and procedure reports to support the type and level of services performed including determination of appropriate CDT codes, consistent with physician documentation in medical
record. Confers with dentists daily.
5. Works with collectors and other staff to ensure that insurance information is correct.
6. Performs a variety of duties related to the coordination of dental information necessary to capture charges.
7. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-
workers and others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. High school diploma or equivalent required. College level coursework preferred. Knowledge of CDT coding and billing rules and guidelines. Previous billing and collection experience in a multi-specialty dental
2. Three years dental services billing experience in charge entry, payment posting, claims processing and accounts receivables follow up is preferred. Knowledge of billing requirements and fluency with
electronic billing computer systems.
3. Knowledge of state and federal laws governing large academic billing corporations.
4. Overall knowledge of the laws and regulations as it relates to billing to third party payors, state and federally funded agencies. Basic knowledge of the federal, state, and local laws governing collection agency
1. Reasonable likelihood of regular occupational exposure to pathogens during the performance of assigned duties. Subject to hazards of flammable and explosive gases.