Create, develop and implement training objectives to meet the needs of the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Childrens Hospital of Chicago Security Services Department and the Medical Center. To manage physical security and safety training programs for the Medical Center to include departmental Security Operations and organization-wide training for employees, staff, and visitors, with topics including but not limited to Workplace Violence Mitigation, Security/Safety Awareness, Self Defense, and other physical Security related subjects. Content will be managed through computer based, classroom, self-study, or other methods of delivery.
1. Develop, direct, and/or manage the design, objectives, standards, availability, strategy, and/or implementation of training/educational programs for a designated audience. Assists in development of short and long term training goals, policies, procedures and department training activities.
2. Coordinate the training, education, and/or development of staff and new employees Support the developmental needs of employees and coordinates in-house training programs.
3. Serve as an educational resource and liaison to areas outside of the department. Provide education to personnel, patients or families through structured presentations and unstructured interactions
4. Utilizes working knowledge of adult learning theory to effectively prioritize training needs and to tailor content and delivery to audience needs. Identify other resources to use in the development of training programs.
5. Management of all Security Services staff training documentation and ensure compliance with training standards and guidelines. Monitor training to oversee records of course attendance, staff training records, and training due dates. Ensures compliance with established policy and procedures as required.
6. Develop and maintain training materials and job aides needed for training programs. Promote/market educational/training opportunities. Work with Medical Center education and training managers to develop instructional design competency of education and training staff
7. Ensure the Security Services training program aligns with guidelines and best practices from the International Association for Security and Safety (IAHSS) and ASIS International.
8. Create educational materials such as tutorials for online classes, web based training, and simulations. Develop tests and other assessments suitable for implementation via department and organizational web-based training programs. Establish instructional design and development standards for all existing and future training materials that support continued quality and speed of delivery.
9. The authority to hire, separate, promote, demote, write and administer performance evaluations.
10. Other job functions as assigned.
1. Associates degree in a related field required. Bachelors, Masters degree, or other formal education directly related to training and/or higher education strongly preferred.
2. Experience in Healthcare Security, Private Security training, or Public Safety training preferred.
3. Management-level Security Certification preferred. Examples include ASIS International Physical Security Professional (PSP), Certified Protection Professional (CPP) or similar certification.
4. Membership in ASIS International, IAHSS, ISPA, National Association of Field Training Officers (NAFTO) or related professional security organization preferred.
5. Demonstrated understanding of Private Security/Public Safety operational best practices, procedures and related state, federal compliance requirements.
6. Demonstrated experience in the development, coordination, and presentation of adult learning training programs or classroom instruction preferred.
7. Must be able to manage in a fast paced and stressful environment.
8. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
9. Excellent customer service skills.
10. Ability to exercise sound reasoning while maintaining a tactful demeanor in all dealings with patients, families and staff.