Acts as a resource to the registration staff. Registers patients for future appointments and responds to inquiries regarding services at Lurie Children’s. Ensures registrations are completed within designated time frame.
Essential Job Functions:
- Audits registration information daily and ensures accuracy of data.
- Coordinates registrations for specific divisions.
- Serves as a resource person and role model for registration staff.
- Handles escalated situations and processes those calls requiring expert knowledge.
- Monitors and coaches staff to ensure competency standards are met.
- Mentors staff to assure consistency of department operations.
- Recognizes and reports variance of work flow and daily operations.
- Participates in interviewing and selection of new staff.
- Provides input for performance evaluations.
- Orients new staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of insurance requirements, benefit provisions and pre-certification Requirements. Participates in quality improvement and peer review activities.
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service
excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-
workers and others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school graduate; BS or BA preferred.
- Excellent communication/listening skills.
- Ability to make quick, accurate decisions on a daily basis.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Minimum two years’ experience in registration, clinics or physician office environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, third party billing, and managed care requirements.
- Proficient computer skills and aptitude.
- Substantial interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with pediatric patients, families, physicians, nursing and other allied health and medical center personnel.
- Problem solving ability and able to handle multiple priorities.