Behavioral Research Educator - The Evaluation Educator is responsible for developing, coordinating, promoting and/or delivering, and monitoring training programs and materials for Lurie Children’s faculty and staff, and community partners. The Evaluation Educator develops, promotes and conducts scheduled training programs on program evaluation practices in compliance with federal, state and institutional policies and regulations. The Evaluation Educator ensures training is based upon an ethical foundation with the main focus on human subjects' protection and best practices, to produce high quality and accurate data for action. Local travel is required.
1. Designs, promotes, implements and delivers customized program evaluation education and training programs utilizing a variety of teaching strategies to enhance the quality and effectiveness of community partner evaluation of child serving programs in Chicago. Adjusts content and teaching strategy to learners' needs and reactions.
2. Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. Develops and uses collaborative relationships when appropriate to accomplish goals.
3. Develops and uses suitable resources (e.g., promotional strategies, materials, training modules, process manuals, reference materials, handouts, worksheets, etc.) to enrich the educational process and serve as resources for attendees to reference in the future.
4. Evaluates effectiveness and outcomes of educational endeavors and identifies areas for process improvement/quality initiatives.
5. Proactively addresses issues to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
6. Consults on performance problems: coaches and provides feedback to improve performance.
7. Facilitates the learning process, creating a climate conducive to learning and serving as a change agent. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and confidence.
8. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposes standards of excellence. Effectively manages time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
9. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
2. 5 years of experience working with human subject research and program evaluation.
3. Two years training, teaching, or leadership experience preferred.
4. Specialized training or experience applying principles of education and training preferred. For example, needs assessment, training material design and development, delivery and evaluation.
5. Excellent facilitation and teaching skills that foster critical thinking and adult learning (includes self-directed learning).
6. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills to work effectively with different disciplines and community organizations and programs.
7. Exceptional writing skills in order to prepare written and electronic training materials in compliance with institutional policies and requirements and in accordance with community literacy levels.
8. In-depth understanding of ethical principles regarding the protection of human subjects in research.
9. Sufficient computer proficiency to effectively develop and prepare various educational presentations (Microsoft Office Applications including PowerPoint, Captivate, etc.).
10. Excellent customer service, project management, and process improvement skills. Ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, produce results and cope with the inherent pressures.
11. Ability to perform multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.