General Summary of Position Responsibility:
This position assists dentist at chair-side during examination and treatment of hospital patients. Understands and integrates into the delivery of patient care the needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent and adult patients in regards to their growth and development process
Essential Job Functions:
- Escorts patients from waiting room to dental operatory. Prepares patients for dental treatment.
- Arranges dental instruments, materials and medications on chair side tray in the order to be used, according to the scheduled treatment. Maintains working knowledge of instruments used at chair-side.
- Prepares restorative materials and dental cements. Passes instruments to dentist during procedures.
- Prepares operating room and/ procedure suite for dental procedures. Assists with dental and oral surgery performed under general anesthesia.
- Takes and develops x-rays. Maintains operation of x-ray equipment.
- Prepares instruments and hand pieces for sterilization. Stores instruments in proper location upon return.
- Answers telephone when clerical staff is unavailable. Prepares patient chart, charts lesions, and various abnormalities as diagnosed by Dentist. Able to chart in computer based program.
- Obtains patient data for appointments; sends out patient appointment reminders. Performs patient support clerical activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Completion of an approved dental assistant program is preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in private practice. Pediatric dental experience is preferred.
- Some computer skills required. Ability to stand majority of work day. Vision normal or correctable to normal.
- Depth perception. Accurate touch for handling and cleaning instruments. Ability to effectively communicate with hospital/department staff and patients/parents.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed