General Summary of Position Responsibility:
Develops, provides and documents expressive arts therapy services and programs to patients of all ages within a medical service. Educates staff on the availability and provision of these services. Understands and integrates into the delivery of care the needs of children, adolescent and adult clients in regards to their physical, emotional, cognitive, and social needs. Supports the hospital's continuous quality improvement and service excellence goals, and contributes to a work environment conducive to meeting these goals and standards
Essential Job Functions:
1. Delivery of Clinical Services
2. Team Membership
3. Service Excellence
4. Professional Skills and Identity
5. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Requires knowledge of the expressive arts therapies normally acquired through the completion of a baccalaureate degree in music therapy or master’s degree in art therapy, drama therapy, dance/movement therapy, or poetry therapy with one to three years of experience in child life or equivalent position.
2. Ability to think pro-actively, act creatively and take initiative appropriately.
3. Ability to communicate effectively, work as a member of a team and adapt to the changing health care environment essential.
4. Spanish language abilities strongly preferred.