Orthopaedic Technician (Cast Tech) -- Contingency: Prepares and assists the orthopaedic surgeon, fellows/residents and nursing staff in the application and removal of orthopaedic appliances casts, splints and other dressings. Has an advanced understanding of anatomical structures and their relationships with one another, and is able to articulate descriptions of orthopaedic conditions. He/she is responsible for ordering, maintaining, and charging of orthopaedic equipment and supplies. The position actively supports the Hospital’s and the department’s Continuous Quality Improvement and Customer Service goals, through modeling of appropriate behavior and by providing a work environment conducive to attaining these goals.
1. A high school diploma or GED is required.
2. Two years of college or technical school preferred.
3. Certification by the National Board of Certification of Orthopaedic Technologists preferred.
4. Basic Life Support Certification through the American Heart Association required.
5. A minimum of two years of experience in a hospital splint or cast room or in an Orthopedic physicians office is preferred.