The Plastic Surgery Clinic Nurse Coordinator, under the general supervision of the Plastic Surgeon, coordinates services with the multi-disciplinary team to provide care to the patients in need of Plastic Surgery. The Nurse coordinator promotes and facilitates optimal care and works with a diverse group of individuals including families, physicians, nurses, donors, Foundation Staff, Institutional Review Board, Children’s Hospital of Chicago Research Center’s staff, Information Management and other hospital staff through clinical, administrative, professional, educational, and quality improvement activities. The position actively supports the Hospital's and the department's Continuous Quality improvement and Customer Service goals through modeling of appropriate behavior and by providing a work environment conducive to attaining these goals.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. A BSN degree from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure as a registered professional nurse in the State of Illinois required.
2. Master’s prepared from an accredited nursing program preferred.
3. Candidate must have 3-4 years of pediatric nursing.
4. A minimum of 1-2 years in Neuroscience preferred.
5. Experience working in partnership with health care professionals and support staff in a clinical setting is necessary. 6. Must demonstrates strong organizational skills, the ability to problem-solve and support teamwork in multidisciplinary setting.
7. Computer skills required, especially word processing, Excel and Access.
8. This candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.