1. Enforce the policies and procedures of Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children�s Hospital of Chicago, to serve as a source of authority for enforcing Medical Center policies, guidelines, and procedures.
2. Perform on-foot patrols of Medical Center campuses as directed by the Director of Security or his/her designate. Report safety and fire hazards observed on routine patrols and inspections; look for violations of the Joint Commission, OSHA, NFPA and local Fire Code safety violations. Maintain constant communications with the Security Control Center.
3. Assist clinical staff with psychiatric patient restraint; monitor and physically mitigating combative or potentially combative patients as directed, escort patients during clinical transport, and perform direct patient observation of patients under medical or psychiatric restrictions.
4. Perform emergency response that includes but is not limited to immediate response to distress calls, panic alarms and emergency calls, fire and disaster response, and support Medical Center Emergency conditions and codes such as bomb threats, patient abduction and elopement, response to weapons on campus, armed intruders, weather emergencies, utility or equipment failure, hazardous material issue, or other emergency as directed.
5. Physical intervention for the removal of unauthorized persons from hospital property, intervention of disruptive adults, combative patients, and the detention of individuals suspected of criminal acts, being under-the-influence of alcohol or drugs, disorderly conduct, mental instability or other issues for law enforcement intervention.
6. Perform locks or unlocks specified entrances/exits.
7. Perform access control duties at assigned security posts. Ensure that only authorized personnel are admitted onto hospital premises; confront unauthorized persons for questions, routing or detainment appropriate to the circumstance.
8. Perform Security Control room dispatching by utilizing Computer-Aided-Dispatch systems, monitoring closed circuit television (CCTV), two-way radio transmissions, alarm consoles, and receiving customer phone calls to dispatch security Officers and perform other Dispatcher-related duties.
9. Utilize computer-based incident report software to complete reports, maintain records and assist the department with data collection.
10. Appear in court on behalf of the Medical Center to enforce prosecution of individuals for assault, criminal trespass, or other issue as required.
11. Direct traffic on Medical Center property and control parking of all patients, parents, visitors and employees. Enforce hospital parking guidelines for visitors, contractors and employees.
12. Act as a resource of information for patients, parents, visitors and employees. Escort patients, parents, visitors and employees to and from parking areas as needed.
13. Secure lost and found articles; maintains logs of items received.
14. Enhance personal professional growth and maintain currency in the security field through voluntary participation in educational programs and review of current literature, as well as contributing to mandated departmental in-service meetings and training sessions.
15. When required, operate the hospital shuttle vehicle to transport parents, visitors and staff in a safe manner while complying with all traffic laws.
16. Actively and consistently demonstrate customer service values/goals of Children�s Hospital of Chicago Medical Center in all interactions with others.
17. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.