Primarily provides administrative clerical support to a physician/clinical office and its staff
1. Answers and directs all incoming phone calls to the department and to appropriate staff. Responds to hospital and department related questions as appropriate.
2. Screens new patients and/or schedule appointments for department staff and/or attending physicians.
3. Assists department with typing correspondence and document preparation on a daily basis.
4. Prints daily schedules and pulls charts to prepare for clinic.
5. Prints demographic forms and labels needed prior to appointment.
6. Sends reminder letters or makes reminder phone calls to confirm appointments prior to scheduled clinic.
7. Assists with the data entry needs of the department.
8. Maintains and orders office supplies and distributes mail to staff.
9. Creates and maintains files or charts.
10. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. One year general office or secretarial experience required. Hospital or physician office experience preferred.
3. Ability to operate standard office equipment (examples: photocopy machine, facsimile machine, calculator, etc.). Knowledge of Microsoft office is desired. Medical terminology preferred.
4. Must have excellent organizational and prioritization skills to effectively manage priorities of multiple team members.
5. Ability to provide high level of quality customer service to team members, employees, management staff, in addition to external customers.