Hours- Saturday from 9am-4pm & Mon, Tues, Thurs from 3pm-9pm
This position performs check-in/check-out functions at point of service areas. Greets patients and families on arrival to clinic area. This position also has accountability to Outpatient Surgical admissions, Outpatient laboratory services and Medical Imaging areas. Communicates with multiple disciplines to coordinate daily activities.
1. Greets and performs check in or admissions of patients/families for appointments and or surgical services. Confirms patient identification as well as identity of person accompanying patient to visit and captures any additional phone numbers by which the family can be contacted.
2. Provides ID Band to patients as appropriate
3. Verifies demographic and insurance information within Epic, directs patients to Central Registration to update insurance and or demographic information as needed. Queries for MyChart and Care Everywhere, performs initial patient screenings as needed.
4. Ensures PCP, Referring physician and pharmacy are verified during check-in process.
5. Collects signed patient/family consents, HIPPA, state & federal mandatory forms , any additional forms identified and enters them into Epic.
6. Collects referrals for visits when appropriate , assists family in obtaining referral for same day services as needed.
7. Copies insurance cards and enters into Epic as needed.
8. Collects and or informs families of co-payment, outstanding balances, standard deposits as well as processing self-payments for visits
9. Informs patient/families of any wait times or delays in service
10. Schedules return appointments for families, schedules ancillary appointments as needed.
11. Completes check in/ out process.
12. Utilizes Service Recovery tools and documents as appropriate
13. May be required to enter patient information in additional electronic systems
1. High school diploma required. Bachelor�s preferred.
2. Some knowledge of medical terminology, third party billing, and managed care requirements strongly preferred.
3. Some knowledge of electronic medical record
4. Proficient in Microsoft Word applications such as Outlook and other computer skills preferred.
5. Demonstrates a high level of customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively work with pediatric patients, families, physicians, nursing and other allied health and medical center personnel. Excellent communication/listening skills needed.
6. Problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in fast paced environment.
7. Ability to manage stressful situations appropriately.