The role is responsible for supporting the development, implementation, management, coordination & sustainability planning of Sexual Health Education programming for schools and community organizations in the Chicago area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates with the Division’s Program Manager to ensure programmatic goals for the Lurie Children’s Sexual Health Education Program are being met.
- Provides support to the Division’s health educators, including ensuring staff receive and keep current all appropriate trainings and regularly participating in outreach and educational sessions.
- In collaboration with the Adolescent Medicine Community Outreach Coordinator, maintains collaborations with community providers and practitioners conducting sex and health education in the Chicago region.
- Identifies funding opportunities through which the Division’s Sexual Health Education programming can be sustained and grown.
- Attends and promotes Lurie Children’s Sexual Health Education programming at community events, health fairs, and school meetings. Maintains regular contact with local schools and community partners.
- With the support of the Program Manager, manages budget and expenses for the Division Sexual Health Education programming.
- Supports the ongoing review and implementation of Sexual Health Education Program materials. Schedules and facilitates Sexual Health Education sessions.
- Assist Program Manager in developing marketing materials, website content, and other collateral which will help promote the Sexual Health Education Program among schools and community organizations.
- Coordinates with schools and community organizations to implement Sexual Health Education curriculum.
- Monitors and orders prevention education materials as needed. This includes pamphlets, condoms, etc.
- Ensures that evaluations are conducted and recorded during all Sexual Health Education sessions.
- Participates in Division and hospital meetings as needed.
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.