Area Specific Job Accountabilities:
- Assists in the fabrication of both weight bearing and non-weight bearing lower extremity splints/casts and orthoses in conjunction with director, orthotist and designated therapist(s).
- Finishes all lower extremity splints/orthoses to include padding, strapping, wrapping, grinding, etc.
- Assists in fabrication of spinal/upper extremity splints/orthoses/serial casts as assigned.
- Finishes all upper extremity splints/orthoses to include grinding, padding, wrapping, strapping, etc.
- Attends fittings of spinal/upper extremity/lower extremity splints/orthoses to learn process, precautions, observe methods.
- Assists in fabrication of total body splints as assigned. Finishes and fits total body splints. Contacts director, orthotist or primary therapist to assist in final fitting.
- Assists in cast fabrications as assigned. Learns cast finishing procedure as assigned. Works with primary cast technician, director, and/or orthotist to learn process. Assists in documentation process (methods/time). Provides input to keep process efficient.
- Assists in training new technicians in process. Communicates cast material needs in a timely manner.
- Learns cast fitting process. Works with primary therapist to complete cast fittings. Able to problem-solve during cast fitting process to assist with options for fitting.
- Updates own knowledge base through continuing education, attendance at in-services and reading of literature.
- Bills appropriately for materials, time, and product in a timely manner. Inventories supplies as assigned and assists in maintaining updated materials price lists.
- Assists in training of new orthotic technicians and therapists with regard to handling of materials, alternatives and options for such, finishing techniques, etc.
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- One year of experience in a related area strongly preferred.