The Nurse Coordinator coordinates services with the multi-disciplinary team to provide care to a specific patient population. The Nurse Coordinator promotes and facilitates optimal care and works with a diverse group of individuals including families, physicians, nurses and other hospital staff through clinical, administrative, professional, educational, and quality improvement activities. The position actively supports the Hospital's and the department's Continuous Quality improvement and Customer Service goals through modeling of appropriate behavior and by providing a work environment conducive to attaining these goals.
The Heart Transplant Coordinator, coordinates activities related to scheduling, patient educaton, follow up and tracking of Heart Transplant patient populatoin in cardiology. The Transplant Cooridnator promotes and facilitates optimal care and works with a diverse group of individuals including families, physicians, nurses, and other hospital staff through clinical, adminstrative, professional, educational and quality improvement activities. Additional duties include:
1. A BSN from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure as a registered professional nurse in the State of Illinois required.
2. Master’s prepared from an accredited nursing program preferred.
3. Candidate must have 3-4 years of pediatric nursing and Cardiac Catheterization Lab experience.
4. Experience working in partnership with health care professionals and support staff in a clinical setting is necessary. 5. Must demonstrates strong organizational skills, the ability to problem-solve and support teamwork in multidisciplinary setting.
6. Computer skills required.
7. This candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.