The Study Therapist for Behavioral Research will be responsible for conducting an individual-level six-session medication adherence intervention among youth (ages 16-29) who are living with HIV infection. These sessions form part of a larger multisite randomized controlled trial of an adaptive intervention to promote HIV medication adherence in the target population. The adherence intervention is manualized and based on principles of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). The Study Therapist will form part of a larger multisite team and participate in research team activities as needed, on a contingent basis (based on rolling study enrollment), approximately 2-10 hours per week, with flexible scheduling.
1. Conduct an individual-level, six-session manualized HIV medication adherence counseling intervention with youth randomized to the intervention condition who progress to the intensive phase of an adaptive intervention (based on non-response to a low-intensity text-message reminder intervention).
2. Participate in weekly cross-site telephone meetings among the therapeutic intervention team and larger study team.
3. Prepare audio files of intervention sessions for review by study investigators for assessment of intervention fidelity.
4. Maintains study records for intervention sessions.
5. Closely collaborates with project staff across study sites, for all study activities and procedures.
6. Participates in IRB human subjects training and maintains appropriate professional competencies.
7. Assists in the development of study manuscripts for publication.
8. Conducts all other duties as assigned.
1. Master�s degree in social work, psychology or a related field required. PhD students encouraged to apply.
2. Minimum of 2 years of experience in behavioral programs and/or research required.
3. Prior experience in behavioral counseling required, experience in CBT-based counseling, adherence counseling, counseling youth and young adults or HIV-positive individuals preferred.
4. Previous work with the target population preferred.
5. Demonstrate fluency and clarity in written and oral communication.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed