We are seeking Accountant and Staff Accountants responsible for any of the following functions of the financial reporting team: accounting, payroll, accounts payable, cash, practice plan billing, and preparation of financial statements. The objective of this position is to coordinate the functions related to the reporting of financial information and to provide management with information to make decisions and to develop resourceful solutions. Specific duties and responsibilities may fluctuate between positions based upon actual assignment and responsibility rotation. All Staff Accountants will be cross-trained on the specific duties and responsibilities listed below.
1. Performs and reviews various balance sheets and income statements and account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
2. Implements and maintains departmental policies and procedures in relation to the functions of the accounting department.
3. Maintains the general ledger system and prepares journal entries relating to accounts payable, payroll, cash, accounts receivable and other accounts.
4. Supports the timely and accurate completion of internal financial statements.
5. Provides support to administrators and directors requesting financial information and analysis.
6. Investigates departmental budget variances and reports monthly on significant trends.
7. Prepares and maintains accrual schedules, cost allocations, and benefit schedules for various hospital departments.
8. Completes billing and tracking of practice plan billings, analyzing and resolving issues as needed. Reviews and monitors all agreements between practice plans and Hospital.
9. Completes and/or reviews financial data provided for outside surveys.
10. Assists with the mid-year and year-end financial statement audits, preparing reports and schedules as requested.
11. Actively participates as a member of the accounting team to ensure accomplishment of departmental goals and objectives each year.
12. Serves as a key customer service liaison between accounting and internal and external customers.
13. Interacts with team members supporting third party, funds, treasury, and patient financial services to ensure accurate information exchange.
14. Other job functions as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
2. 1 - 3 years relevant work experience in healthcare preferred.
3. Knowledge of/experience in Lawson software preferred or major ERP.
4. Competent in use of Excel, Word and database files.
5. Working knowledge of accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, and budgeting.
6. Strong planning and organizational skills, evidenced by current level of responsibility
7. Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing to individuals with little or no technical