Provides leadership to all Supply Chain Logistics Operations teams to include; Central Stores, Receiving, Procedural area, Ambulatory network and other contracted services supported by Supply Chain. Responsible for developing a strategic approach for Supply Chain Operations & best practice for all in-patient, procedural and Out-Patient units. Plans, coordinates, communicates and evaluates Operational needs and processes that support the flow of supplies throughout the organization. Provides leadership and participates in departmental and organizational policy development as it relates to supply chain logistical operations and supply chain management as well as other organizational initiatives. Manages, planning and execution of inventory management processes throughout the Medical center and off site locations. Recommends and supports the development of ongoing process improvements within the department and organization.
1. Provides leadership and supervision of the supply chain operations staff within Central Stores, Receiving, Procedural area and their functions within the hospital.
2. Safeguards the financial integrity of the Medical Center through being an effective steward of resources within the organization. Operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimal risk to the organization.s supply chain process.
3. Inventory Management: Oversees inventory management, par management and order fulfillment for major service line areas including but not limited to: Surgical Services, Cath Lab, Radiology, Interventional Radiology, and Laboratory. Develop inventory management strategies, effective policies, procedures, and overall team members to optimize daily operational functions within the Supply Chain Operational units. Focus on Inventory standardization and reduction efforts to reduce waste and redundancy throughout the organization. Oversees the implementation of Inventory solutions and coordinates the actions involved in selection as well as optimization of its use.
4. Design and maintain high standards in key performance indicators for Supply Chain Operations. Establish annual targets for each respective area and monitor results closely holding management and staff accountable as necessary.
5. Manage Supply Chain operational initiatives during project implementations, to support the daily needs of clinicians.
6. Participate in existing and new product procurement planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials; participates in the evaluation and selection of products to promote standardization and utilization of medical supplies and equipment.
7. Directs the activities in the departments related to the hiring, professional development, general competency, promotion, performance appraisal and disciplinary action of the management team and staff. Mentors, develops leadership skills and provides development opportunities for the management team by holding regularly scheduled meetings to provide coaching and information sharing.
8. Other job functions as assigned.
1. Required: Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, or other related field required, Masters in Business or other related field preferred.
2. Required: Minimum of eight 10 years progressively more responsible healthcare Operations experience.
3. Required: Experience in implementing and maintaining supply chain inventory management solutions and processes.
4. Required: Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft windows OS and applications.
5. Required: Experience in planning, project management, Inventory management, decision making and outcome evaluation.
6. Required: Excellent facilitation and project management skills. Ability to manage assigned projects to specified budget and time line with minimal supervision. Must be able to prioritize, organize and assess work in order to meet aggressive deadlines and cope in fast-paced environment.
7. Required: Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills. Ability to articulate facts and ideas clearly and concisely. Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and clearly articulate potential solutions.
8. Required: Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Capable of working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and interacting with all levels of the organization. Ability to actively participate in group process facilitation, negotiations and conflict resolution.
9. Required: Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality relating to patient health information (PHI) or Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).