Strategic Sourcing Administrator reviews supplier solicitations and prepares routine response for proposals, bids, and contract specific to economic supply, services, and equipment opportunities. Responsible for contract compliance, implementation and maintenance of contracts and pricing agreements in collaboration with the Legal Department. Manages and prepares simple requests for proposals, analyzes contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedure prior to handing off to legal. Negotiates simple contractual prices commensurate with skills and grade level. Communicates contract policy and practice to vendor and internal business teams. Ensures contract review, approval and execution in accordance with the Medical Center's administrative policies. Serve as the point of contact for customers on vendor negotiation and contractual matters ensuring timely review and approval/reconciliation of contract variations.
1. Utilize GPO and Hospital based tools to monitor contract tier levels and overall GPO participation to ensure organization is receiving maximum value from the GPO.
2. Works closely with the Strategic Sourcing and Value Analysis manager to consultant with business owners to drive cost savings performance best practice through the understanding of fundamental strategic sourcing elements including, but not limited to, cost, quality and outcomes (CQO).
3. Actively leads and contributes to the goals of all multidisciplinary Value Analysis Committees, in the identification, evaluation and selection of products to promote standardization and cost savings for all supplies and equipment throughout the Medical Center.
4. Responsible for assessing the value of new or renegotiated GPO contracts. Assist other departments in the implementation of cost saving opportunities and measuring contract performance.
5. Collaborates within the Medical Centers by serving as a process expert concerning Sourcing and Value Analysis inquiries and serves as a team player in conversions and other product related initiatives.
6. Actively participates and contributes to the goals of all multidisciplinary Value Analysis Committees, in the identification, evaluation and selection of products to promote standardization and cost savings for all supplies and equipment throughout the Medical Center.
7. Actively assesses Sourcing process and provides recommendations for process improvement ideas as needed.
1. Required Education: 3-5 years Hospital Contracting required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
2. Required: Five years progressive work experience in Purchasing or Value Analysis. Healthcare experience required.
3. Required: Experience with Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO). Working knowledge of GPO systems and supply/equipment related contracts.
4. Required: Experience in planning, Value Analysis process flow, purchasing decision making and outcome evaluation.
5. Required: Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft windows operating system and applications.
6. Preferred: Proficiency in Infor-Lawson with an emphasis in Supply Chain business systems.
7. Required: Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills. Ability to articulate facts and ideas clearly and concisely. Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and clearly articulate potential solutions.
8. Required: Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Capable of working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team, group process facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution while interacting with all levels of the organization.
9. Required: Excellent facilitation and project management skills. Ability to manage assigned projects to specified budget and time line with minimal supervision. Must be able to prioritize, organize and assess work in order to meet aggressive deadlines and cope in fast-paced environment.
10. Required: Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality relating to patient health information (PHI) or Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
11. Demonstrates proficiency in Contracting and Supply Chain Operations knowledge.