Manages the identification, procurement, and delivery of complex capital purchases and hospital-wide construction project initiatives. Coordinates, facilitates and interacts with the teams responsible for the development of business technical requirements, strategic sourcing, configuration, testing, training, conversion, activation activities and transition to support. Responsible for working team members and vendors through delivery and clinical acceptance of equipment. Serves as an interface with sponsors, stakeholders and vendors. Participates in the development of product requirement plans, verifies site readiness, and monitors project costs and timelines. Ensures product deliverables meet customer expectations for quality and functionality. Collaborates with the Medical Center�s Strategic Sourcing Team to stay consistent with Capital Sourcing practices, procedures and guidelines.
1. Prepares, monitors and manages project plans involving pre-approved initiatives established by senior leadership. Identifies and finalizes project scope and objectives; defines team member roles, activities and functional responsibilities. Identifies detailed tasks and timelines. Coordinate with the Director of Construction and implementation of project management phases and processes.
2. Manages all vendor relationships on behalf of the Medical Center for assigned capital projects. Tracks and measures supplier performance against timelines on an ongoing basis. Follows PO documents from issue to financial reconciliation.
3. Actively engages in the Medical Center's Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) and quarterly capital approval meetings. Responsible for preparing all meeting materials for Sr. Management review and approval. Facilitates meetings with business owners and key stakeholders to gather project requirements (i.e. impact analysis, product selection, resources, timelines and costs). Collaborates with Supply Chain leadership to identify project stakeholders and determine project goals, scope and vision.
4. Oversees the Asset Management database in the Infor-Lawson system. This includes assigning capital project numbers after quarterly capital approvals. Review and approves all capital invoices for accuracy to project budgets. Preparing the annual capital forecast in adhering to the Medical Center's long range financial plan (LRFP).
5. Monitors and manages project budget (i.e. analysis, reconciliation, forecasting, expenditure authorization, tracking and reporting) as required. Partners with Finance department to ensure that forecasted savings are validated.
6. Manages customer relations to ensure customers are actively engaged. Works with customers to ensure business process workflows, training and communication plans are completed. Provides appropriate tools, training, guidance and necessary resources to resolve problems, avert potential risks and maintain customer engagement. Keeps Sr. Supply Chain leaders, Capital, Purchase Services and project teams apprised through routines communications, reports and status meetings to ensure project plans and deliverables are met; potential risks are identified and resolved, and customer expectations are reached.
7. Analyzes business needs and requirements and provides technical guidance to management and key decision-makers in determining selection of appropriate equipment.
8. Other job functions as assigned.
1. Required: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field. A combination of education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the degree when the experience is directly related to the functions of the job.
2. Required: A minimum of 3-5 years of experience is required supporting Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications and systems with a strong emphasis in Infor-Lawson's Asset Management module. Experience in healthcare preferred.
3. Preferred: Preferred: Recall management and capital quote analysis experience.
4. Required: Ability to comprehend data logic and data processes. Ability to employ problem solving skills effectively.
5. Required: Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft windows OS and applications. Knows and fully understands the Infor-Lawson application from order entry to financial reconciliation.
6. Required: System process improvement experience and or education of Six Sigma, Lean, or similar process improvement principles
7. Preferred: Excellent facilitation and project management skills. Ability to manage assigned projects to specified budget and time line with minimal supervision. Must be able to prioritize, organize and assess work in order to meet aggressive deadlines and cope in fast-paced environment.
8. Preferred: Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills. Ability to articulate facts and ideas clearly and concisely. Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and clearly articulate potential solutions.
9. Preferred: Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. Capable of working in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team and interacting with all levels of the organization.
10.Required: Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality relating to patient health information (PHI) or Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).