General Summary of Position Responsibility:
Provides administrative clerical support to a Director (reporting to Administrator) and/or Physician (non-division/department head) and their respective staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares and compose routine correspondence, memoranda, reports, etc.
- Screens telephone calls and visitors, and resolves routine and some complex inquires.
- Schedules and maintains calendars, meeting and travel itineraries.
- Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings.
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional post-high school education/training in secretarial, general business preferred.
Two years general office or secretarial experience required. Hospital or physician office experience preferred.
Experience working with Microsoft applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint with the ability to operate standard office equipment (examples: photocopy machine, facsimile machine, calculator, etc.). Ability to type at least 40 wpm is preferred.
Must have excellent organizational and prioritization skills to effectively manage priorities of multiple team members.
Ability to provide high level of quality customer service to team members, employees, management staff, in addition to external customers.