Shift: Fri-Mon, 8pm-6:30am
General Summary of Position Responsibility:
Performs the daily logistics work activities which include inventory management, receiving, picking, distribution, and shipping to various patient care and administrative areas. This position is accountable for inventory management accuracy from the line items received, to the items placed on the shelf in both the central supply and perioperative storeroom, to the distribution of product to patient and administrative floors and the reverse logistics of credits and returns. Because of the high visibility, customer service is critical to meet the customers requirements and daily demand within the hospital. It is imperative that the employee is personally accountable and can work in self-managed teams by adhering to the hospital and departmental policies. Finally, this position is expected to be capable of utilizing the various technology applications/software, provide first-step resolution to open issues, elevate opportunities for improvement to a supervisor, work within a team environment, and have excellent communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs daily work activities of receiving and distributing medical and non-medical supplies/equipment throughout the facilities at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital.
- Ensures supplies are inspected prior to acceptance to verify the condition of the package and content along with the date (expired materials).
- Assists drivers with loading/unloading delivery trucks.
Performs key data entry function in order to maintain inventory and patient records accurately and timely.
- Stocks supplies in the Central and PeriOperative storerooms.
- Assists with the resolution of problem receipts, purchase orders, releases, and deliveries.
- Records, updates, and files packing slips, logs, and other records relative to the receiving and shipping activities utilizing hospital MMIS system.
Delivers supplies/packages to the requester on scheduled basis.
- Records electronically daily supply levels based upon predefined par levels based on the minimum and maximum quantities listed for proper real-time ordering of supplies.
Responds to customer service requests in a timely and expedited fashion.
- Ensures that all emergency supplies and perishable items are delivered within an hour of receipt.
Communicates with supervisor regularly regarding problems and all major activities.Orders bed/equipment rentals per specific patient requirements when requested by clinical staff. Arranges the rental delivery and return process. Maintains order and cleanliness in the areas worked and the areas serviced by ensuring proper allocation of space, arrangement of items, and timely removal of unnecessary items.Observes and enforces departmental and general hospital policies and procedures, particularly relating to the practice of safety and security measures.
- Alerts supervisor/team lead when a customer service request is unable to be fulfilled, or customer is unhappy.
Knowledge of proper lifting techniques and safe use of materials handling equipment, both manual and powered is required.Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
- Conducts and/or attends in-service training programs as directed by supervisor.