Performs a variety of food service tasks in support of the hospital food service program. Works under moderate supervision primarily in the following areas: Cafeteria, main kitchen and patient tray line. The incumbent will be expected to adhere to establish guidelines in regard to hospital, sanitation, safety and cash handling controls. This position supports the dishroom.
1. Operates cash register, collects cash and charge tickets. Dispenses correct change to customers while maintaining an efficient line speed. Follows proper cash handling protocols according to established standards.
2. Organizes and assembles food and supply requisitions for department.
3. Maintains working knowledge of patient trayline positions and tray assembly process.
4. Follows proper cleaning standards according to regulatory agency guidelines and Infection control guidelines.
5. Sets food up at proper station(s) and dispenses according to established policy, diet regulation and/or regulatory agency standards.
6. Operates all equipment including dishwashers, slicers, floor washers, blenders ETC according to established standards and using proper safety techniques.
7. Maintains adequate supply of dishes, utensils, glassware and paper service to run an efficient operation during all meal services.
8. Reports to work in proper and clean uniforms according to established departmental and hospital policy.
9. Complies with all HIPPA, Infection Control and Safety policies.
10. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
1. High School Diploma or GED required.
2. Previous experience in a food service setting.
3. Ability to understand and follow instructions furnished in written, oral, and/or diagram form is required.
4. Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
5. Must be able to demonstrate a cooperative work relationship.
6. Good interpersonal and communication skills are important.
7. Ability to follow JCAHO regulations for food handling, sanitation and food preparation desired.