General Summary of Position Responsibility:
Performs diagnostic cardiac procedures/tests to assist physicians in assessing patient’s cardiac function. Understands and integrates into the delivery of patient care the needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent and adult patients in regards to their growth and development process. The position actively supports the Hospital’s and the department’s Continuous Quality Improvement and customer service goals, individually and as an effective team member.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs ECG‘s, Holters and other diagnostic tests.
- Assures accurate demographic data on ECGs done during off hours. Downloads ECGs twice daily during work week.
- Recognizes dangerous arrhythmias, sinus tachy/brady, and contacts cardiologist.
- Processes charges and assures hospital and physician charges and diagnosis coding are accurate.
- Issues, applies and tracks Holter and transtelephonic event recorders. Instructs patients, caregivers and house staff in their use. Performs all associated paperwork and accurately logs procedure.
- Documents holter and event timeline in Epic.
- Receives, tracks and processes faxed and outreach ECG and Holters.
- Takes inventory, determines inventory projection and contacts Lead Tech.
- Tracks, maintains and performs quality and functional checks on equipment. Contacts Bio Med or manufacturers as warranted.
- Attends departmental and divisional meetings and seminars as requested.
- Adheres to all hospital policies associated with confidentiality, customer service, Continuous Quality Improvement and Infection Control.
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer minimum six months experience in pediatric ECG, demonstrating ability to evaluate simple pediatric arrhythmias and simple pacemaker function.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with Hospital/department staff and parents/patients.
- Ability to travel among various nursing units and outpatient facilities.
- Basic Life Support Certification required.
Age-Specific Competency Requirement:
All Ages Neonatal Pediatric Adolescent Adult
General Understanding and Nature of the Position Description
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.