This position supports the operational customer service goals of the Division for phone triage, and scheduling of ambulatory clinic visits and surgical procedures as assigned by the Clinical Operations Supervisor and Senior Practice Manager. This position works closely with the Clinical Operations Specialist to assure accurate scheduling needs for the Otolaryngology practice service lines of Head and Neck/Skull base, Comprehensive Otology, Aerodigestive and General Otolaryngology maximizing the patient experience and provider satisfaction. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence, and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers, and others. This position actively supports the hospital’s and the Division’s Continuous Quality Improvement and customer service goals, individually and as an effective team member.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers and triages all telephone calls and messages to the division in a customer service friendly and timely manner in accordance with the Divisional Standard Operating Procedure [SOP] for phone calls and triage. Provides the guardian access to the personnel that will have the answers to their questions/concerns. Responds to hospital and department related questions as appropriate. Job performance will be evaluated by quality of customer service event.
- Provides scheduling support for the ambulatory clinic practice of the physicians and mid-level providers in accordance with the Divisional Standard Operating Procedure [SOP] for appointment scheduling. Job performance will be evaluated by quality and accuracy of scheduling event and adherence to scheduling templates.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Operations Supervisor and Administrative Specialist, facilitates the quality and service of the ambulatory clinic practice through:
- Procurement of necessary referral information and all other information pertinent to the clinical visit prior to appointment and scanned and available to health care team [RN, APN, MD] for timely review. This includes, but is not limited to, referring physician records and referrals, pertinent test, x-rays, sleep studies, audiograms, proactive communication with legal guardian and assisting with request for release of information from outside medical facilities may be required
- Accurate scheduling of patients to physician templates according to Divisional SOP
- Utilizes EPIC system to manage schedules
- Effective customer friendly communication with families for any cancelation of a clinic appointment and rescheduling of patient appointments when necessary
- In collaboration with the Clinical Operations Supervisor and Administrative Specialist, facilitates the quality and service of the surgical practice through:
- Procurement of DCFS consents and pertinent medical information crucial, pre-operative physical examinations/clearances, pre-operative test, to the physician, operating room, and anesthesiologist scanned and available to health care team [RN, APN, MD] to prior to surgery for timely review and clinical decision making. This includes communication with legal guardian and assisting with request for release of information from outside medical facilities
- Obtains pre-certification of professional services to secure coverage and payment in a timely fashion relevant to the service line. Notifies surgeon and other administrative team members [Service Line Specialist, Clinical Operations Supervisor] if issue arises that will affect delivery of timely care
- Effective customer-friendly communication with families for any cancelation of surgery and rescheduling when necessary
- Assists the Clinical Operations Supervisor with a surgical waiting list for patients/parents requesting earlier surgical date that provided.
- Assists the Clinical Operations Supervisor and Operations Specialist with calendar management of the surgeons
- Communicates an specialized surgical equipment needed for a surgical case with Clinical Operations Administrative Specialist for specific service lines and operating room ENT Specialist
- Schedules post-operative ambulatory clinic visit
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma required. Post-secondary courses preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of related administrative or business experience required.
- Epic scheduling experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and discretion.
- English/Spanish Bi-Lingual preferred