Responsible for daily clinical work in the outpatient/primary care setting. Assists Physicians and other staff under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
1. Performs phlebotomy as directed by Physician orders.
2. Administers intramuscular injections, subcutaneous injections, intradermal skin testing, topical medications and ophthalmic drops.
3. Works in conjunction with other staff to maximize clinic flow.
4. Intervenes appropriately in emergency situations.
5. Documents work in patient record either in the Electronic Medical Record or the paper chart.
6. Provide back up support to front desk staff by scheduling patient visits and performing �check-in, check out� activities.
7. Perform initial portion of the exam by obtaining measurements and gathering a brief patient history.
8. Assist Physicians with difficult exams.
9. Assists in the retrieval and delivery of medications and pharmaceutical products that are dispensed from the Pharmacy to the appropriate patient care provider/s in a timely manner.
10. Stocks and maintains the clinic area which includes changing needle boxes when 2/3 full
11. Evaluates and documents changes to the plan whether that be in the Electronic Medical Record or in the paper chart.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of pertinent aspects and competency with protocols related to the use of chemical disinfection, high level disinfection, and sterilization if required at part of the responsibilities of the role.
1. Successful completion of an accredited medical assistant program. Some college preferred.
2. Certification as a Medical Assistant desired.
3. Basic Life Support Certification required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed