General Summary of Position Responsibility:
Under the general supervision of the clinical director (M.D., D.O. or PH.D) or designee provides comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This may involve polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services, patient care, and education.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs all portable, attended and unattended, polysomnographic studies. Scores records accurately within specified time limits.
- Oversees equipment maintenance and the ordering of appropriate supplies.
- Communicates with staff concerning any problems which arise concerning the completion of sleep studies.
- Assists team leader and senior technologist with training and continuing educational programs/in-services.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures for sleep medicine center.
- Works closely with department secretarial staff to insure proper scheduling of patients.
- Performs all other duties as necessary, as assigned by team leader or senior technologists.
- Role will travel/support the Grayslake sleep medicine site as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: