The staff member assumes responsibility and accountability for a designated group of patients and organizes, performs and modifies medically prescribed therapy programs based upon a thorough evaluation of each patient and best practice methods.
Clinical Practice/Physical Therapist Responsibilities:
1. Evaluates each assigned patient in terms of current or potential problems which pertain to the employee’s discipline, meeting or exceeding established clinical pathways and protocols for best practice. Seeks guidance in this area as appropriate.
2. Establishes age specific plan of care and functional goals based on evaluation results,and regularly incorporates other disciplines, patient/family, into treatment planning, documenting the patient/family/caregiver’s understanding of goals, explaining rationale and methods necessary to carry out treatments. Seeks guidance in this area as appropriate.
3. Consistently re-evaluates effectiveness of ongoing therapy, instituting appropriate changes in care plan. Seeks guidance in this area as appropriate.
4. Sets estimated length of treatment with each patient/family facilitating informed decision making with patient/family.
5. Assesses educational needs of the patient, family, caregiver and provides education to meet those needs.
6. Participates in clinics, rounds, meetings, in-services, departmental process improvement projects and conferences, as assigned. Consistently follows all documentation protocol and format in a legible manner. Complies with professional codes of ethics/standards and abides by current state laws.
7. Functions as an effective member of the health care team by collaborating and communicating appropriately with families, physicians, other rehabilitation staff, nurse case managers, and others within and outside the Children’s Hospital of Chicago Medical Center system.
8. Seeks mentorship in a timely manner, as appropriate.
9. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
10. Education/Professional Development: Upgrades own knowledge in pediatric care. Submits request for continuing education as appropriate and according to department needs. Assists planning educational activities for the team as assigned.
11. Completes required and core competencies in a timely manner.
12. Administration/Leadership: Shows an understanding of billing, insurance, and reimbursement issues/requirements. Participates in maintaining work area and equipment in appropriately clean, safe order.
13. Assigns tasks to POS/aides, and technicians as appropriate, providing pertinent information and supervision.
14. Participates in supervision/instruction of students as assigned. /management.
15. Participates in orientation of new staff and support staff as assigned.
16. Supports organizational change initiatives; adapting to a rapidly changing health care environment.
1. Current License in the State of Illinois.
2. Successful graduation from a CAPTE (Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education)accredited program.