General Summary of Position Responsibility:
Responsible for daily clinical work in the outpatient/primary care setting. Assists Physicians and other staff under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs phlebotomy as directed by Physician orders. Administers immunizations and documents accordingly.
- Works in conjunction with other staff to maximize clinic flow.
- Intervenes appropriately in emergency situations.
- Documents work in patient record either in the Electronic Medical Record or the paper chart.
- Provide back up support to front desk staff by scheduling patient visits and performing “check-in, check out” activities.
- Perform initial portion of the exam by obtaining measurements and gathering a brief patient history. Assist Physicians with difficult exams.
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Successful completion of an accredited medical assistant program. Some college preferred.
Certification as a Medical Assistant desired.
Basic Life Support Certification required.
Basic computer skills required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed