The orthotist/prosthetist should be able to independently provide or supervise the provision of comprehensive orthotic care. This includes patient assessment, formulation of a treatment plan, implementation of the treatment plan, follow-up and practice management.
1. Certificate or degree in Orthotics and Prosthetics from a CAAHEP accredited orthotics/prosthetics program.
2. Current Orthotic-Prosthetic License in the State of Illinois or eligible for licensure in the State of Illinois.
3. Minimum of two years of clinical orthotic-prosthetic experience.
4. One year pediatric orthotic-prosthetic experience preferred.
5. Ability to effectively communicate with Hospital/department staff and patients, parents, and community therapists.