The Manager, Supply Chain Procurement will lead the Purchasing team in the effort of procuring goods and services required (clinical and non-clinical) for Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital. The position will require the ability to manage direct reports, triage backorders, provide root cause analysis of Purchase order and Invoice match exceptions, and have familiarity with ERP systems. The near-term goal of this position will be to support the transition from the legacy ERP system (Lawson) to Workday. The central theme of this position is to move to a paperless environment wherever possible and promote the automation of day to day activities using tools such as the GHX EDI platform, Workday, and other tools.
1. Responsible for Procurement/Purchasing team members handling orders for Procedural, Central Supply, Med Surgical, Offsite locations, Research related needs, Capital orders, and service needs.
2. Working interest in Workday as replacement procurement/ERP system for Lawson. Ability to create requisitions, train employees and end users, and transition the team from Lawson to Workday.
3. Responsible for the oversight of training of requisitioning in ERP system to end users.
4. Manages the match exception queue and the analyst that supports the root cause analysis to reduce exceptions week to week, month to month, year to year.
5. Key liaison with Finance AP team working alongside Manager of Accounts Payable.
6. Management of daily backorder touch point to triage immediate needs of the organization based on critical lows in inventory and/or stock outs.
7. Management workload and distribution of workload across buyer team; manages activities of team and prioritizes daily job functions.
8. Optimizes the use of GHX EDI and CCX platforms, addressing price exceptions, escalations to sourcing team, contributes to the GHX EDI onboarding listing and triages any systems issues or failures.
9. Develops, executes and manages detailed project/work plans, schedules, project estimates for resource requirements and status reports.
10. Involved in developing communication plans of improvement and change efforts.
11. Manages integration of vendor tasks; tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
12. The authority to hire, separate, promote, demote, write and administer performance evaluations.
13. Other job functions as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems or related field required.
2. Minimum of two years of team management experience and leading process improvement efforts required.
3. Health care and Academic Medical Center purchasing experience is preferred.
4. Excellent data analytical skills.
5. Demonstrated knowledge and experience utilizing tools including pareto charts, run charts, bar charts, scatterplots, histograms, and statistical control charts used to develop supply chain dashboards to monitor team metrics.
6. Working knowledge of Infor-Lawson procurement/ERP system applications required, including supply chain related modules such as Lawson Mobile Supply Chain Management (‘MSCM’), Lawson Requisition Center and
7. Working interest in learning Workday Procurement and Inventory module.
8. Working knowledge of Global Healthcare Exchange (‘GHX’) is preferred.
9. Fundamental understanding of Epic, and supply chain materials management systems like Point of Use.
10. Excellent project management skills. Able to organize a project from initiation to completion.
11. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively and succinctly provide information to subordinates, leadership, peers, and end users across the organization.
12. Demonstrated knowledge and experience using quantitative tools for idea generation and problem-solving. Experience using process mapping methods, e.g. flowcharts, workflow, critical path analysis (e.g., Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint).
13. Experience facilitating multi-disciplinary teams. Able to motivate and methodically lead a team to problem-solve to achieve desired outcomes.
14. Demonstrated ability to build teams with diverse disciplines and professionals.