This position works closely with the Division Administrator and takes the primary responsibility for overseeing the daily functions and general management of the academic, research, and clinical office operations. The position supervises and manages staff in division office and works with all disciplines within and outside of the division to maintain efficient, compliant operations.
1. Supervises and manages administrative staff and manages the day-to-day operations of the division office.
2. Serves as a resource to the divisions providers and staff and as a point person for contacts outside the division.
3. Assists Division Administrators/Division Heads in budget development and monthly monitoring of volumes and financials. 4. Manages daily financial operations to ensure optimal utilization and reconciliation of operational funds, special purpose accounts, philanthropic dollars, endowed chair monies and grant funds.
5. Assists Division Administrators/Division Heads in efforts to maximize clinical revenue, including monitoring for effective charge capture and coding levels and addressing open encounters.
6. Serves as a point of contact for clinical operations leadership to manage clinic issues, including space, scheduling management and customer service concerns.
7. Leads operational projects and quality improvement activities for the division.
8. Participates in projects, initiatives, and committees within the department and hospital.
9. Promotes a customer service culture through appropriate education and management of division office staff.
10. Monitors and approves expenditures including supply orders and expense reimbursements.
11. The authority to hire, separate, promote, demote, write and administer performance evaluations.
12. Other job functions as assigned.
1. Bachelors degree required and 1-3 years healthcare or relevant experience preferred. Masters degree preferred.
2. Desire to pursue a career in healthcare leadership.
3. Strong analytical ability; ability to understand and interpret financial data; solid quantitative and qualitative skills
4. Ability to communicate effectively in a leadership role with clinical, business and administrative staff. Strong customer service skills.
5. Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.