Assists pharmacy management in the coordination of Pharmacy initiatives. Serves as a key resource, facilitator, and coordinator of functions related to Pharmacy Services. Supervises, coordinates and organizes the day to day pharmacy technician activities in the pharmacy and has authority and accountability for the management of technicians. Provides oversight and development of data-driven quality assurance for all covered pharmacy areas. Oversees the provision of safe, effective, and efficient technical aspects of pharmacy services including but not limited to: medication procurement, storage, security, preparation and distribution. Collaborates with pharmacy leadership and medical leadership partners to ensure high quality pharmaceutical services are provided. Ensures all duties are performed in accordance with all applicable Federal and State laws, applicable regulatory bodies, and policies and procedures of the organization and the pharmacy department. Facilitates the operation and growth of Pharmacy Services and its staff members through encouragement, education and mentorship.
Educates staff to department policies and procedures. Possess a strong awareness of daily operations, workflow and staffing. Has a thorough understanding of pharmacy law, pharmacy policy and procedures and the operation of the different areas of the department.
1. Required to staff 50%.
2. Serve as the primary staff resource for pharmacy technicians to include the following responsibilities:
3. Leads and participates in the pharmacy technician candidate processing to include, review, interview, and hire.
4. Identifies and implements new software, equipment, supplies as needed to enhance pharmacy operations.
5. Maintain, coordinate, and/or deliver Nursing Orientation education.
6. Takes initiative and proposes new programs and ideas which will enhance the quality of care of pharmacy services.
7. Coordinate and oversee activities related to formulary maintenance and drug shortages.
8. Organizes and prioritizes the department’s workload and collaborates with co-workers (i.e Lead Techs, Quality Assurance Tech, Controlled Substance Tech) and pharmacist, and management staff to effectively manage daily operations.
9. Identifies opportunities to improve operations of the department. Serves as a resource person for problem solving.
10. Ensures all legal, regulatory, and professional pharmacy requirements are adhered to.
11. Maintains the secure storage of pharmaceuticals in the pharmacy and drug storage areas of the hospital.
12. Supports colleagues in pharmacy management and responds positively to decisions, which affect department operations, scheduling and workload.
13. Creates an environment of high morale and motivated professionals. Works cooperatively with other staff members to enhance the team concept.
14. Assists in maintaining quality data collection systems that enable monitoring of service levels.