Currently seeking a dynamic leader who is strategic and has the vision to lead our PICU to the highest level of excellence.
The ideal candidate will be a role model emphasizing reliability principles that supports a collaborative and innovative work environment for
employee, and organizational patient and family engagement goals.
In addition, you will facilitate, promote , and models a leadership philosophy and style which drives the vision of CMMC. Understands and integrates into the delivery of patient care the needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, and adult patients in regard to their growth and development process. The position actively supports the Hospitals and the departments Continuous Quality Improvement goals , through modeling of appropriate behavior and by providing a work environment conducive to attaining these goals
1. Facilitates and leads assigned group functions: Spearheads quality initiatives in specific area as well as throughout critical care and the entire organization. Utilizes a keen understanding of the clinical knowledge, educational support, and research endeavors necessary to create excellence in PICU. Develops and implements systems that insure standardization within PICU (i.e., education, staffing quality initiatives, protocols, information systems). Serves as a leader and guide in the project management process.
2. Participates in the operational planning process: Plans for PICU initiatives in close collaboration with critical care leadership. Facilitates multi-disciplinary planning and communication within critical care. Is a key participant in outreach efforts for critical care services. Assists and participates in outreach efforts for critical care services.
3. Accountable for the achievement of the strategic outcomes for areas of responsibility.
4. Develops and implements systems to ensure information flow.
5. Identifies opportunities for, and develops interdependent teams: empowers individuals to be more self-directed and interdependent.
6. Accountable for financial management within areas of responsibility: plans, prepares and monitors capital and operating budget in collaboration with administrators, physicians and staff.
7. Plans and implements system changes that enhance the organizational performance.
8. Effectively leads and manages people resources: responsible for the selection and ongoing development of the clinical and clerical staff in area of responsibility. Assures clinical expertise of staff by providing educational and professional development opportunities and creatively coordinates their implementation.
9. Pursues professional opportunities and networks which enhance own professional knowledge and advancement as well as excellence in the PICU area.
10. Facilitates collaborative partnerships with physicians to ensure that the needs of patients are met.