Responsible for operating the Children’s Hospital of Chicago Medical Center (“Medical Center”) Privacy Program (“Program”) under the direction of the Vice President, Privacy Officer. Guides Privacy staff in day-to-day operations and oversees and manages auditing, monitoring and investigation processes and related activities. Participates in the development and deployment of new functions to expand Program activities in order to achieve and maintain an effective Privacy Program.
1. Support the administration of the Program under the direction of the Vice President, Privacy Officer.
2. Participate in the periodic review and revision of the Program with changes in the needs of the organization, as well as updates in the regulatory environment.
3. Provide support in hiring Privacy Program staff, and outside consultants as necessary, and managing staff and consultants, when required, in the implementation of the Program.
4. Assist in the implementation and maintenance of programs/tools to promote efficiency with tracking, maintaining and reporting Program activities and processes.
5. Participate in campaigns to heighten awareness of the Privacy Program function, as well to disseminate information and collect employee feedback.
6. Support development of Compliance and Integrity Program reporting materials and presentations for the Executive Compliance Committee; assist in preparing materials for board committee reporting.
7. Assist with the preparation and dissemination of educational and training that focuses on the elements of the Program so that physicians, employees and volunteers are aware of the policies and pertinent federal and state laws and regulations.
8. Maintain a current working knowledge of Federal and State regulations and requirements as they affect the Medical Center, monitor healthcare regulatory environment and advise on new and/or revised laws and regulations.
9. Participate in the development and revision of compliance related policies.
10. Collaborate with internal legal counsel, HR,HIM, IM, operational leadership, and other subject matter experts throughout the Medical Center.
11. Participate in the development, implementation and tracking of, and reporting on, the Annual Compliance Work Plan.
12. Manage the auditing and monitoring system and obtain assistance; coordinate with HR and leadership on appropriate handling of issues, adequate mechanisms for enforcement of compliance requirements and violation discipline.
13. Participate in activities/committees/work groups related to electronic medical record system, privacy investigations, privacy rules/regulations, laws and Medical Center policies.
14. Assist in overseeing management's completion of corrective actions in response to privacy matters identified through audits, investigations and internal monitoring programs conducted by the Program.
15. The authority to hire, separate, promote, demote, write and administer performance evaluations.
16. Other job duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required with a Bachelor’s degree in in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or a related field preferred. Certification by the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) preferred.
2. Five (5) plus years applicable healthcare privacy experience; in an academic medical center preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbal and in writing, complex privacy compliance issues in a clear and understandable manner.
4. Ability to manage multiple priorities and concurrent projects.
5. Prior experience in creating presentation materials and delivering content.
6. Knowledge of healthcare regulatory environment and skills in researching state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
7. Strong project management skills.
8. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment with employees at diverse levels.
9. Decisive and ability to exercise good judgment under pressur