Conducts tests and procedures; sets up and operates equipment; records observations and measurements and collects and compiles data in a research lab; requires a practical understanding of a limited number of standard scientific techniques.
1. Follows pre-defined protocols, policies, procedure, regulations, Good Clinical and Good Laboratory Practices and conducts standard and repetitive experiments and completes basic trouble-shooting techniques.
2. Sets-up, operates and maintains standard lab equipment.
3. Using an entry level of skill, completes the following activities: Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, Immunology and/or Animal activities. Examples of assays include ELISA, Western blot, viral plaque assay, flow cytometry, and PCR.
4. Acts as liason between collaborative groups.
5. Records test results and may maintain databases. Develops, performs and assists investigators in their experiments.
6. Maintains records of facility use, assists in scheduling, purchasing, and other administrative activities (i.e., data entry, data presentation, data analysis, word processing, etc). Maintains inventory of reagents, mice, and supplies and performs routine cleaning and maintenance of instrumentation.
7. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
8. Other job functions as assigned.
1. HS diploma or equivalent and some basic science courses is required.
2. Minimum of 1 year of experience working with diverse groups of people.
3. Working knowledge of computers, ability to troubleshoot, work independently, and function as a team member is essential. Therefore, experience in regular interaction with outside groups is highly desirable.
4. Excellent command of the English language and the ability to communicate effectively.
5. Strong organizational skills including the ability to establish priorities, react promptly to a large variety of requests, and the ability to keep the workplace clean and organized.