1. Cleans and sanitizes equipment, refrigerators, freezers, cupboards, microwaves, etc. in accordance
with Hospital�s Infections Prevention and Control standards/protocols
� Cleans all patient care equipment in the soiled utility.
� Cleans of refrigerators/freezers/microwave in the Nourishment, Family Great Room, and Staff Break Room.
� Cleans breast milk refrigerator/freezer in Nourishment Room. Communicates with the Charge Nurse before discarding breast milk.
2. Distributes and manages the equipment and bed for all inpatient areas and partners with the emergency department and surgical areas for optimal patient care
� Maintains a daily and monthly equipment log for infection control and activity.
� Maintains proper inventory stock levels of all medical equipment, cables, pumps, beds, etc.
� Performs floor sweeps to manage excess equipment and beds for the purpose of redistributions based on inventory stock level, acuity, and census.
� Sets up equipment for Nursing and other Clinical Education as needed.
� Responsible for bringing broken equipment to Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) and/or Bed Storage for repairs.
� Retrieves repaired equipment from HTM and/or Bed Storage.
3. Orders bed/equipment rentals per specific patient requirements when requested by clinical staff.
4. Stocks treatment rooms, mini-stations, and isolation carts and ensures supplies have not expired.
5. Collects recyclable/disposable supplies and distributes to the appropriate department.
6. Distributes pharmaceuticals specimens, and records as necessary.
� Distributes equipment/supplies to other floors during tube system downtime or to floors without tube access.
7. Responds to customer service requests in a timely and expedited fashion.
� Alerts supervisor/team lead when a customer service request is unable to be fulfilled, or customer is unhappy.
8. Communicates with supervisor regularly regarding problems and all major activities.
9. Maintains order and cleanliness in the areas worked and the areas serviced by ensuring proper allocation of space, arrangement of items, and timely removal of unnecessary items.
10. Observes and enforces departmental and general hospital policies and procedures, particularly relating to the practice of safety and security measures.
� Conducts and/or attends in-service training programs as directed by supervisor.
11. Knowledge of proper lifting techniques and safe use of materials handling equipment, both manual and powered is required.
12. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.