Assumes departmental responsibility for oversight of activities of specific surgical specialty at all times. Develop and maintain relationships with physicians in related specialty area. Monitors performance and activities of nurses and technicians involved in specialty service cases. Ensures all equipment and supplies are available and in working order. The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the oversight of daily operations of the Operating Room. The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the development and coordination of activities that promote clinically effective and efficient patient care. Plans, organizes and directs patient care activities under the direction of the nurse manager. Collaborates with the nurse manager in maintaining unit operations, supervises assigned personnel and consults and collaborates with other health care team members to provide safe appropriate patient care. The Clinical Coordinator serves as a clinical leader in the Nursing Department to ensure that each patient receives quality, individualized care that is proactive and coordinated among the care delivery team and that the patient is attaining their clinical milestones and patient flow.
1. Clinical Responsibilities � Assumes 24/7 accountability for Service Line. � Perform functions of scrub nurse, circulating nurse to provide intra-operative nursing care following Lurie Children�s Operating Room policies. � Communicate with primary nurses and APNs to provide continuity of peri-operative patient care. � Participate in Operating Room activities to include on-call coverage for General Call and Specialty Team Call. � Work with Service Practice Managers and Surgical Schedulers to ensure that appropriate preference cards have been utilized for appropriate case pics and case is scheduled properly. STERILE REPROCESSING: � Work with surgeons and OR Leadership to co-ordinate the weekly and daily surgery schedule, informing all concerned of updates and changes. � Functions as a Liaison to the Sterile Processing department � Working with Sterile Processing and Surgeons, ensures all instrumentation is reviewed and trays are developed to meet the needs of the service line. � Provides education on a regular basis to Sterile Processing staff on proper care and upkeep of all specialty instrumentation. � Review tray contents for use and opportunities for standardization and streamlining on an annual basis. CASE PLANNING: � Verifies all surgical procedures scheduled in the Operating Room a minimum of 24 hours prior to schedule for all electively scheduled patients. � Continuously review and update content preference cards to facilitate case pick accuracy. � Responsible for the creation of preference cards for the surgical service and participates in the onboarding of new surgeons. Work with incoming surgeons to determine their specific needs and preferences, orientate them to the equipment/instruments/supplies available. � Reviews Preference Cards at a minimum of once per year. � Identifies the need to acquire loaner equipment, instruments, and supplies from outside sources as part of the process of preparing for and reviewing surgical procedures. � Assures availability of specialty service instruments and equipment. SERVICE MAINTANANCE: � In conjunction with Health Technologies Management, maintain a current list of supplies and equipment needed for specialty services, working to simplify and standardize requirements. � In conjunction with Purchasing/Supply Chain Management maintain an accurate inventory of all supplies/implants and ensure availably of supplies and provide timeline as needed. � Collaborates with Supply Chain staff to conduct an annual review of PARR Levels and supply items for their areas of responsibility and Operating Rooms. � Make recommendations for Nursing on supplies. SURGICAL COORDINATOR: The Surgical Coordinator is responsible for the development and coordination of activities that promote clinically effective and efficient patient care through appropriate scheduling of cases, appropriate utilization of resources and staff assignments. The Surgical Coordinator develops and maintains relationships with anesthesia coordinators and physicians. The Surgical Coordinator serves as a clinical leader in the Nursing Department to ensure that each patient receives quality, individualized care that is proactive and coordinated among the care delivery team and so that the patient is attaining their clinical milestones and patient flow. Area Specific Responsibilities: � Assumes daily accountability for daily functions in the OR � Resolves recurring clinical practice and/or related unit problems and participates in problem solving and resolution utilizing established communication channels/chain of command � In collaboration with Manager directs unit-based quality initiatives and provides feedback and education to staff � Perform functions of scrub nurse, circulating nurse to provide intra-operative nursing care following Lurie Children�s Operating Room policies � Communicate with Anesthesia, Surgeons, Pre-Op, PACU, ICU, primary nurses and APNs to provide continuity of peri-operative patient care. � Attends daily Huddle and works with Anesthesia, surgeons, schedulers and OR Leadership to co-ordinate the daily and weekly OR schedule, informing all concerned of updates and changes � Communicates any changes to the established OR schedule to the areas involved Leadership: � Facilitates the team concept by a. Assigning staff members with appropriate skill levels for cases b. Ensure fiscally responsible optimum utilization and assignment of staff at all times during their assigned shift in accordance with house-wide and departmental policies and guidelines c. Functions as a professional role model for behaviors and makes a positive impact on employee morale d. Participates in the development of staff engagement, team building and succession planning for the Operating Rooms e. Oversees OR day-to-day clinical operations, including practice standards, staffing, fiscal management and quality improvement f. Utilizes assignment tools, scheduling tools and PTO Calendar to effectively and efficiently assign staff. � Leadership Accountabilities a. Ability to lead others and create a positive working environment. b. Demonstrates the abilities to work in a team setting and develop a high functioning staff in the Operating Room setting. c. Demonstrates accountability for their own growth and development d. Assist with and provide input into the annual review process as needed to the Manager e. Participates with Manager in the identification, development and delivery of staff corrective action and remediation as needed. f. Contributes to Timecard Management and staff attendance prior to Management Review. � Gives appropriate handoff to the oncoming shift to ensure 24x7 continuity within the department � Regularly rounds within the department � Assures all tasks are assigned and completed, rooms are properly shut down and room is set up for the next day � Creatively offers cost effective opportunities that are sustainable within the department � Identifies opportunities for process improvements; participates in developing problem solving alternatives. � Identifies appropriate tasks/work and demonstrates appropriate delegation to team members and assumes responsibility for completion � Education/Staff Development a. Assists in tracking Orientee progress and gives input on progress final sign off. b. Assist in professional education and mentoring of staff. c. Manages the unit/service line�s day-to-day clinical operations, including practice standards, staffing, fiscal management and quality improvement 2. Leadership � Facilitates the team concept by g. Selecting staff members with appropriate skill levels for team participation. h. Ensure optimum utilization and assignment of team members. i. Using structured team conferences to provide mechanism for team evaluation of patient care. j. Functions as a role model for behaviors and makes a positive impact on employee morale. k. Participates in the development of staff engagement, team building and succession planning for the Operating Rooms. � Leadership Accountabilities a. Ability to lead others and create a positive working environment. b. Demonstrates the abilities to work in a team setting and develop a high functioning clinical team in the Operating Room setting. c. Demonstrates accountability for their own growth and development. d. Assist with and provide input into the annual review process as needed to the Manager. e. Participates with Manager in the identification, development and delivery of staff corrective action and remediation as needed. f. Contributes to Timecard Management prior to Management Review. g. Manages staff attendance for assigned team members. � Creatively offer cost effective opportunities that are sustainable within the department. � Identifies opportunities for process improvements; participates in developing problem solving alternatives. � Identifies appropriate tasks/work and demonstrates appropriate delegation to team members. � Education/Staff Development a. Facilitates specialty service and inter-departmental communications including surgeons, vendors and contracted services. Participates in the orientation, evaluation and continuing education of the Operating Room staff. d. Track Orientee progress and gives final sign off. Completes documentation of competency training for the service. e. Assume responsibility for competency development for equipment and specialty performance in all related areas of their service(s). f. Champion team building activities within their services. Provide staff with information and supportive teaching specifically related to the service. g. Assist with the implementation of new procedures and/or equipment/instrumentation within the service. h. Assist in professional education and mentoring of staff. Assesses staff learning needs and develops educational resources aimed at meeting the annual competency and developmental needs of team members. i. Provide staff with information and supportive teaching specifically related to the service. j. Provides service level education for staff and plans/leads Monday morning in-service. 3. Quality � Assist in revising, updating and developing policies and procedures for the Operating Room, Recovery Room and Outpatient Surgery. � Promotes compliance to standards set by Lurie Children�s, JCAHO, IDPH, OSHA, AORN and other regulatory bodies. � Participates actively in departmental and hospital committees. � Participate in established quality initiatives and audits for their service areas and across the Operating Rooms. May be asked to represent the Operating Rooms in hospital wide initiatives. � Establish and maintain high standards for quality of care and patient safety and enforce departmental policy and procedure. � Is a role model for compliance with policy and procedure. � Takes initiative to improve both processes and outcomes incorporating best practices and innovations in professional field. 4. Finance � Provides input into the development of the capital budget by providing expenditure proposals to incorporate into the quarterly capital. � Provides input in operational budget planning. � Ensure proper charge capture revenue enhancements for Clinical cases. � Request new Equipment through the established Value Analysis protocol. � Responsible for the performance of areas of responsibility to ensure all rooms are starting on time and turning over within the agreed upon goals. Develops tactics to correct underperforming services.
1. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure as a registered professional nurse in the State of Illinois is required.
2. BSN required and CNOR Certified preferred.
3. A minimum of three years of operating room experience preferred, to include one year of experience in a surgical specialty area at Lurie Children’s (preferred).
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, excellent organizational skills.
5. Computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs beneficial.
6. Ability to lift/move patients and equipment sometimes in excess of 20 pounds. Ability to hold children.
7. Ability to think proactively, creatively and take initiative appropriately. Demonstrates excellent communication, critical-thinking, and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates ability to work as part of multiple teams. Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
8. Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
9. Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities.
10. Ability to meet agreed upon deadlines.